Town and Country Players Membership
The following is a message from Vicky Schultheis, VP of Productions following the Membership meeting held on 9/25/17.
The thing that I want to bring up to the membership is committees. Committees are what keep our theater going -- they are a structural foundation of our organization. Without them, we would not be successful. It is my goal that every member (all 100 of you) be a part of one of our many committees at T&C. Simply auditioning for shows isn't enough to keep our theater going. Get involved. Make some connections. Be apart of something.
The committees presented last night are listed below. Follow the links for a description of the committee. Did you know that all but three of the people at the meeting last night signed up for a committee? Not too shabby! There are a few more that aren't listed here, like the PSC (closed now), New Play Reading Committee, Web Design, and Buildings and Grounds. If you're interested in these, email me directly email@example.com. I'll be more than glad to help.
*NEW: Costuming Committee: https://goo.gl/forms/Jo7oUqgZADPBGDaz1
*NEW: Set Building/Painting Committee: https://goo.gl/forms/ZI2GTjEjd5ZiA1nj1
Hospitality Committee: https://goo.gl/forms/oPdWAOtyXHYH95lS2
Box Office Committee: https://goo.gl/forms/iokT8JtGVi4x6mfM2
Marketing Committee: https://goo.gl/forms/LpwxhPAx8AKbbAlW2
Thank you all so much. Your time is so appreciated.
T&C VP of Productions
In addition to being part of an exciting group of enthusiastic people doing good work for the theater, Town and Country Players also offers the following membership benefits:
• A short-sleeved polo shirt sporting the T&C logo
• One complementary ticket to any show that season
• Discounted Season Ticket Cost equal to the cost of his/her annual membership dues.
• The right to vote for officers on the Board of Directors or to run for a Board position.
• The right to vote on the slate of plays for the following season
• The right to nominate members, performers and crew and/or be nominated for end-of-season awards.
• An invitation to the Annual T&C End-of-Season banquet.
• Admission to workshops conducted by T&C.
• A copy of our newsletter, The Limelight, which keeps members and Gold Patrons informed of all T&C activities.
• Members must follow the rules and regulations as outlined in the Bylaws and the Policies and Procedures Manual.
• Members must complete the membership application and pay applicable annual dues.
• Members must pay dues 30 days prior to distribution of absentee ballots to be eligible to vote on the season slate and board elections.
• Members must volunteer at least three times per season. Examples of volunteering include parking, ushering, box office and selling raffle tickets at performances, serving on a committee, assist during clean-up day or participate in a production as cast/crew.
• Members may participate in some capacity in a T&C production, either on stage or behind the scenes, such as director, crew, construction, lights, sound, etc.
• Members may participate on a T&C committee, such as the Play Selection Committee, Fund Raising Committee, Renovations Committee, etc.
Becoming a Member
To become a member, or to renew your membership, fill out the Membership Application, click SUBMIT to email it to us, and then either pay for your membership using the PayPal link which will appear after you fill out the form, or mail us a check.
Junior Membership (Grades 7-12) Annual dues $20
Single Membership $30.00 per person
Family memberships (up to 2 full and 4 juniors) $75.00
After August 1: Single membership $15, Junior membership $10, Couples $25, Families $35.
For More Information
Contact our VP of Membership Carly Price at 267-994-6125 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Send checks (made out to Town and Country Players) to our VP of Membership Carly Price, P. O. Box 323, Doylestown, PA 18901
By clicking the Membership Application link you agree
that you will abide by the Bylaws of Town & Country Players.
Click here to go to the Membership Application
Bylaws: Town and Country Players (Excerpts)
Article III: Members
Section 1. Any individual applying for a new membership must submit his/her name through the Vice President of Membership to the Board. Such individual will be admitted to the organization upon payment of the annual dues and subsequent approval by the Board . Any individual applying for a lapsed membership of over two (2) years may also be subject to review and approval by the Board. Accepted applicants 18 years of age and older at the end of the current season will be considered Full Members, hereafter referred to as "Members". Accepted applicants younger than 18 years of age and in grades 7th-12th or an equivalent thereof will be considered Junior Members. Junior Members will receive rights and responsibilities as described in the Junior Member Charter, which is to be updated and maintained by the Board.
Section 2. The membership year shall coincide with the calendar year. The annual dues for Members and Junior Members to retain their membership and voting rights shall be established by the Board. Any proposed changes to the dues require approval by the membership by majority vote. Dues shall be payable at the beginning of each calendar year.
Section 3. Members must have paid their annual dues and be in good standing at least 30 days prior to voting for the following years play slate and/or voting in Board elections.
Section 4. Persons applying for a new membership on or after August 1 shall only be required to pay one-half (1/2) of the current annual dues.
Section 5. If at any time, the condition of the finances of the organization is such as to warrant it, the Board may, with the approval of two-thirds of the members present at any meeting, levy an assessment on all the members. The members must receive ten (10) days advance notice in writing that such a proposal is to be presented at the meeting.
Section 6. All members are entitled to the rights and privileges as set forth in the "Members Privileges/Responsibilities" document, which shall be updated and maintained by the Board. Conversely, all members are responsible for fulfilling any and all obligations and responsibilities found in the same document. All members shall be expected to represent the Town and Country Players in a positive manner and follow the policies and procedures set forth in our Code of Conduct and Policies and Procedures Manual. Members who fail to do so may be subject to removal from the organization.
Town and Country Players Calendar